• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

For those football buffs

Daniel Harrison

pro member
Interesting to see some stuff from Germany. This is Australia's first time back in the world cup in over 30 years so people over here are really getting into it. And that game agains't Japan- wow. Anyway how are the fans over there? I hear soccer fan's can be pretty crazy, and a few of your photos confirm it :) Although nothing I wouldn't see at some other sporting event I suppose :)

keep us posted with the best of what you get!
Daniel

Dierk Haasis

pro member
ATM most fans behave really well, even the Germans. On Saturday not many Cote d'Ivorians showed up, it was mostly Argentinians and fans from the Spanish speaking world. They were actually quite fun, didn't need much alcohol to get themselves into a fun frenzy. Unfortunately I didn't get the few dressed up like Diego Maradona - sometimes I am really slow.

The European looking guy with the green elephant T-shirt, judging from his accent, came from the UK. Apart from the African guy with the fool's cap I only happened upon two small bands of Africans (if they are, that is) who were a bit late and in a hurry.

Hamburg seems to be lucky as far as colourful fans go:

Argentina - Cote d'Ivoire
Ecuador - Costa Rica
Italy - Czech Republic
Saudi Arabia - Ukraine

The quarter final match we host is obviously not decided yet, among the possibilities are Brazil, Italy again, Croatia and Spain. With luck even Australia may be here for it. And the US team is staying in Hamburg; hope I find the time and luck to get some photos of them.

Dierk Haasis

pro member
http://foto.write4u.de/EOS/WM

I have now (well, last night) updated the gallery for the Ecuador vs. Costa Rica match. Great, Ecuador, you've made the match between you and Germany dramatic again! Admittedly German football fans were on your side yesterday, but most would likely have settled for a 1:0 or 2:0. Was three goals really nercessary?! :)

Now, I also upgraded lots of features of the gallery, you now find larger main images, slightly re-ordered thumbnails, information about the subject matter to the right of the images. Beside the Ecuador-Costa Rica photos I added more to other sections, mainly in the Misc category but also a few more exciting ones in the Blue Goal art project.

Enjoy!

PS: You won't need it but there's a link at the bottom of the frontpage giving a complete English version (info is mostly in English anyway). From the right upper corner you can open usability hints; the most important one, for those not having realised it, yet, you can get rid of the copyright overlay for viewing by moving your mouse into the image.