• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hi there im Ray

Ray Smalley

although im 65 im a beginner at photography,so if im in the wrong place please let me know and ill be off,ive bought a Canon 400D and a second hand 350D ive took a few shots of water,which i think arent to bad,well thats my introduction hope you guy's and gals dont mind a beginner

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Bonjour Ray
you are warmly welcome on board OPF!
Can you post a link to a website or some photographs of yours? We'll all be glad to discuss them with you!
Asher kelman will certainly write long pages with comments (always usefull).

See you soon here then!

Ray Smalley

Bonjour Ray
you are warmly welcome on board OPF!
Can you post a link to a website or some photographs of yours? We'll all be glad to discuss them with you!
Asher kelman will certainly write long pages with comments (always usefull).

See you soon here then!
where do i post photo's

Ray Smalley

here are two of my latest photo's
528594944_2fa458ccb2.jpg

525463903_a6a233cb26.jpg

Paul Bestwick

pro member
Hi Ray,

65 & just starting out eh !! Well, you have picked a great time in the history of photography to get into it. Many of your peers who started out in their youth had a very different experience to what you will now encounter. I began in 1983 & my first camera was a Pentax ME Super..........I loved it. Seems like a long time ago & a lot of hours in the now defunct darkroom have passed since then. Get set for a challenging learning curve. Photography, in tandem with computer skills is a wonderful medium to exercise your artistic will.
Anyhow, I know that you will get many hours of pleasure out of your new hobby.
If you were to ask me for one piece of advice I would say........Shoot EVERYTHING RAW.

Best wishes,

Paul.