• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Epson 3800 Setup ?

Scott Comeau

I just bought an Epson 3800 printer and are using Adobe photoshop CS3.

Can anyone please help me through the right setting in Photoshop and the 3800 printer setting so it will print right ?

I have the Canon EOS 40D setup to use the Adobe RGB color set.

Thanks for any help you can give me !

Scott

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Scott,

The link given by Ken is a must-read. Aftert that, if you still have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,

Scott Comeau

Hi Scott,

The link given by Ken is a must-read. Aftert that, if you still have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks for your nice replys, I have read this by Ken, I'm trying to find someone that has a Epson
3800 to compare setting.

I confused about the printer profile setting and which ones should be one and what printer profiles should be used.

Is there any 3800 users out there ?

Scott

Ken Tanaka

pro member
Hello Scott,
I'm a long-time 3800 user. "Profiles" are color mapping data files that provide the interpretation between your image file's RGB values and the printer's inking system to achieve accurate colors on a particular paper. Therefore, the question of which profile to use depends entirely on the paper you're using for that print.

Cem_Usakligil

Is there any 3800 users out there ?

Scott
C'est moi! That's why I wrote that you can ask any questions :)

So maybe we should take this one step at a time. Rather than asking a generic question, please start with specific ones which are bugging you right now. I have to rush out to my work now so I won't be able to answer earlier than this evening.

Cheers,