• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Latest Sinar's Newsletter 2

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well, Nicolas,

What can I say? I'm personally so happy for you, impressed and super-proud of you and your achievements with the Hy6. It took a lot of imagination and persistence to get Sinar to open up to this work and for that I'm amazed that we succeeded. The company took a long time to believe that this would work! However, when they finally saw you work and met you they had no choice! You have done important work for Sinar in that you have helped to open up that modern digital format to more challenging dynamic situations where previously 35mm DSLRs ruled.

Not only I'm happy and proud but also privileged to count you as a dear friend!

Asher

great images nicolas .......
i am amazed how you can use the HY6 in this environments and your results look amazing.
if your work will bring you one time to south spain, contact me please.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Bonjour Rainer
thanks for the compliments…
I'll contact you if course, but I rarely go down South of Spain more than Valencia…
Same to you if you pass around Bordeaux!

Will you come to Photokina?

PS the secret is to be able to shoot at 1/1000s! and AFAIK only the HY6 can achieve that…

nicolas claris

Asher, my dear friend…
Thank you very much… may I add that using the HY6 has been a rare privilege for me.
It opened-up my mind to another way of doing photography and catch the light…
More thinking before pressing the shutter button, therefore much more precise work…
As you know I do like to built each image while shooting and use as few as possible PP.
It is not a difficult camera! very fewer settings than a DSLR. The settings are in one's mind, you give no chance to luck, but when you're right, wow!
Now the Sinar has embossed it's particularities to me, I still may get profit of that when shooting with the Canon. As as you know, the HY6 was a loan and I'll have to send it back…
I'm afraid that I won't be able to afford such a camera… unless…

nicolas claris

And, BTW one of the randomly shown pictures of Sinar's website… (www.sinarcameras.com)

Sinar_Home.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well, Nicolas,

They should at least give you a major discount! Or else just update the test model! After all when we get married, our brides are just loaned to us! We don't own them.

Asher

Bonjour Rainer
thanks for the compliments…
I'll contact you if course, but I rarely go down South of Spain more than Valencia…
Same to you if you pass around Bordeaux!

Will you come to Photokina?

PS the secret is to be able to shoot at 1/1000s! and AFAIK only the HY6 can achieve that…
( hm. my two other mf cameras make 1/2000 - contax645+ sinar m)

not sure if i come to photokina cause i start a production on sep 23. if i find some time frame i will come.

nicolas claris

Hi Rainer
Sorry for the late reply… Was on location.

You're right, it seems I mixed-up a bit different things… Remember that the Hy6 is the 1st MF camera I hold till a Kodak Brownie Flash some 45 years ago!

So yes the Hy6 has not the faster shutter speed, but the fastest flash synchro… quite a bit of difference… and no help for my kind of shooting.

Apologizes… ;-D

Still, see the 2 new threads ("same player shot again" and "Shooting a 100 footer powerboat during Cannes International Boat Show…"
1/1000s did bring me so many more keepers (technically speaking) than previously!