• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Anyone Free in LA Area this sunday?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi, a few of us a getting together to go to the Getty Museum in Brentwood on Sunday about 1 pm or so. There's a wonderful Photography Exhibition of American Life by a number of important photographers.

Contact me via the contact form in the front of this website, give your email and tel # so I can get back to you.

Nicolas Claris is with us from France, so there's an extra treat!

So let me know if you might be interested.

Asher

OPF/LA at it's best!

Bernard Wolf

pro member
Asher....... Isn't that exhibition at the other Getty in Malibu? It's their new photo gallery at the old villa. I may be wrong, but there was a big article in the Sunday L.A. Times a couple of weeks ago.

Asher Kelman

Bernard,

Not only are you correct, the West Pavillion is booked up on Sunday!

I'll have to call them. It never occured to me that West meant a different location. I studies the announcement and it just seemed like it was the Western wing of the huge new Getty!

I wonder whether all the photo exhibits will now be in the West Pavillion too?

Well we'll still go! If you are up for a visit, let me know.

Asher

Asher Kelman

The West wing is part of the new Getty in Brentwood! so the Photography Exhibition is on for tomorrow. Let me know if you can join us!

PM me with you phone number!

Asher

Asher Kelman

The Berman Collection of photography was indeed in the Western Pavillion of the Getty Center in Brentwood. The spcial thing is that it is free and no advance appointments are needed.

We had attendence of Brian Lowe, Nikolai, Nicolas, Marine, his wonderul wife and myself with Wendy my own wife. I'll post some images of the exhibition later.

Just for now, I'll report that it is a very worthwhile visit. Some of the pictures on show are outstanding glimpses of American life and treasures as photographic art too.

Asher