• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

More than 44 million pixels

Jerome Marot

More than 44 million pixels... but on a LCD display. Here.

At the 2015 Display Week conference, Chinese BOE exhibited an extreme 82-inch display with 10K resolution (10240x4320 pixels). The LCD display has 21 times more pixels than a conventional HD displays.

The 82-inch LCD display has an ultra-wide 21:9 aspect ratio. You basically take an 8K 16:9 display and make it much wider. That is how you arrive at 10240x4320 pixels (10K) from 7680x4320 pixels (8K). The pixel density of the impressive screen is 135 ppi, making the picture more detailed than the human eye can perceive from a typical TV distance of 3-4 meters.

BOE did not announce plans to start mass production but it is an important “first” for them and the Chinese display industry in general, demonstrating that China can produce cutting-edge display technology.

We are only just getting started with 4K (3840x2160 pixels) but the industry has no intentions of stopping there in the race for more pixels. Of course there are still major roadblocks and it is hard enough to find 4K content today but 10K content nevertheless exists.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Jerome,

Well, the displays are catching up with our camera images (although of course there is a discrepancy in aspect ratio)!

But the one described would not be too handy on a desk!

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi, Jerome,

Well, the displays are catching up with our camera images (although of course there is a discrepancy in aspect ratio)!

But the one described would not be too handy on a desk!

Best regards,

Doug

Imagine this in war rooms with the "pilots" flying, drones zooming in on detail and overplaying facial recognition before killing "just" and only 3 precisely selected and identified targeted "terrorists" at a wedding party in Pakistan's border with Afghanistan!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is one of my most favorite films ever. Priceless.

That line is perfect! Peter Sellers was brilliant and this film a strident look at our stupid behavior with power beyond our ape minds to fathom how to control infinite power, since we cannot evencontrol ourselves!

Thanks Jerome for stimulating my weird imagination and thus having Cem bring to us this amazingly tragic-comic, but seriously frightening war room scenario!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
That line is perfect! Peter Sellers was brilliant and this film a strident look at our stupid behavior with power beyond our ape minds to fathom how to control infinite power, since we cannot evencontrol ourselves!

Thanks Jerome for stimulating my weird imagination and thus having Cem bring to us this amazingly tragic-comic, but seriously frightening war room scenario!

Asher

And here I was thinking Sellers was just funny.
I'm so shallow!