Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > Digital Camera Discussion > Medium Format & Large Format Cameras > Shooting with the Rollei 6008AF and a Sinar eMotion22 and eMotion54 Digital Backs by Graham Mitchell

Shooting with the Rollei 6008AF and a Sinar eMotion22 and eMotion54 Digital Backs by Graham Mitchell A diary by advertising and fashion photographer Graham Mitchell. He's based in London and is a featured Sinar Photographer.

Old August 24th, 2010, 05:46 PM

Default Kätlin

I wanted to do a simple but striking portrait, with a slightly surreal/alien feeling. Used the 180mm f2.8 PQ for this one.

Old August 24th, 2010, 06:12 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

..and so beautifully done! You exceeded what was needed. I like that, "Good enough! Isn't!!" Where did the smokey feeling come from?

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old August 24th, 2010, 06:26 PM

by boosting the blues, you have also emphasized the subtle network of veins beneath the skin giving an even more alien feeling. Nice job, I love the eyes, they are haunting.

Everything in the frame must contribute to the picture.
http://www.charlesLwebster.com
Old August 25th, 2010, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
" Where did the smokey feeling come from?
Playing with the colours, I expect.
Old August 25th, 2010, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
Playing with the colours, I expect.
Graham,

Is this a style for this picture by happenstance it turned out richer in the blues or did you decide to so this in advance or what? Any others in that style?

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old August 25th, 2010, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Graham,

Is this a style for this picture by happenstance it turned out richer in the blues or did you decide to so this in advance or what? Any others in that style?

Asher
I knew in advance I would do this, and there was a blue/green tint added in post.
Old August 26th, 2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
I knew in advance I would do this, and there was a blue/green tint added in post.

Graham,

I'm glad to hear that you planned this in advance. So do you have a bunch of others with this presentation? BTW, did you enlarge her eyes?

Asher

Old August 26th, 2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Graham,

I'm glad to hear that you planned this in advance. So do you have a bunch of others with this presentation? BTW, did you enlarge her eyes?

Asher
Yes, a mild enlargement but some of her other photos on her folio give the appearance of even larger eyes (when she has more eye makeup, I assume). She has a slightly alien look, which I like.

I shot 6 models on that day, hoping that at least one of them would turn out well. The others aren't really worth showing.