• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

link colors

Don Lashier

Very hard to see embedded links. Perhaps it's just the "visited" color but even that should be more prominent. Many folks including myself like to embed links "transparently" without using the URL as the text, and without a more distinct color difference many people will miss these. In fact, I would suggest using the traditional blue/purple for these.

- DL

Ray West

Hi Don,

I think you can change the colour of any text - the 'A' in reply box.

I got in a tangle trying this with other html tags - maybe you can do better.

email seems to default to blue in the edit box, but the muddy brown in the real world,

anywher@thisplace.com

another@freds.com

color= has no effect....

I guess you'd tried it. I agree with you

Best wishes,

Ray

Last edited:

Don Lashier

raymw said:
I think you can change the colour of any text - the 'A' in reply box. lets try a smilie
http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon1.gif

Hi Ray,

Oh, indeed you can. But that's a bit of a pain to have to change them every time :)

- DL

Ray West

Hi Don,

seems we're posting at same time - I tried to be a smart ass, and show how you could colour the links, but, I don't think you can. I agrree exactly wrt the pain. Personally I never use html for emails, It's turned off, so I only get plain text. But here, its likely to get very colourful, and could lose its identity.

Blue for links = good,
icon7.gif

other colours for links =bad

Best wishes,

Ray

Don Lashier

> Personally I never use html for emails, It's turned off, so I only get plain text.

Me too Ray, in fact my email sig says "Just say no to HTML mail", but even in plain text email links are live and show up blue (at least in my reader).

> Blue for links = good, other colours for links =bad

I don't care if they're blue or not, but you need to be able to spot them. Maybe the issue is that I always set the browser to not underline links as it clutters up the display.

- DL

Ray West

Hi Don,

last week, when I joined, I made a number of comments re colour, and I have now forgotten that I turned this to 'NC black text'. (very bottom of page, lhs box) which overcomes a bit of the brown link colour problem.

I've also had my eyes tested - a more expensive option, but essential....

Best wishes,

Ray

Don Lashier

Thanks Ray, that helped. But I just noticed that LL underlines links regardless of my browser setting. Perhaps the same is possible with this board?

- DL