• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Are there too many forum topics?

Tom Yi

Seeing as this is a new forum, I'm wondering if there is too many topics for discussion. I was wondering if it would be better to start with less topics and then branch out as the forum grows.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Tom Yi said:
Seeing as this is a new forum, I'm wondering if there is too many topics for discussion. I was wondering if it would be better to start with less topics and then branch out as the forum grows.
Bonjour Tom
You mean it's really time to post into photography forums instead?
Too many is better than too few. IMHO
Let's start talking photgraphy, gear, technics etc, that's why we're all there!
Please take absolutely no offense, but, though not perfect (still a lot to come to improve) this forum is ready for us to move on for "rich" talks.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Tom Yi said:

Hi Yom,

This is a reasonable question and Nicolas' answer is the most important resonse.

To clarify, were are merging for example to rooms on Color.

OTOH, we are told that to get Olympus DSLR owners to post, for example, a separate post is an advantage. Here we took, as you will find, a middle ground. Again combining for now.

We started a Macro forum since the pictures and technic is unique.

So you will see an iterative process in which we take feed back, put it into a bucket, then regulary fine tune a dozen or more items.

Asher