• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Another International OPF meeting…

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Was held in Dubaï last Saturday with Kris Carnmarker

We had a beautifull Iranese lunch and did toast OPF members with… water!

_G8A0558.jpg

A very nice moment where we both exchanged some of our views on photography and may other subject.

Very amazing to meet someone at the other end of the world, having just "known" him before only thru OPF.

A great moment that I will not forget!

Thanks Kris for your warm welcome! (and taking time to drive me back thru traffic while you were obviously late)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
So please you guys got together! OPF is working well when thias happens! Did you manage to see the sights? I now will look up some information about Dubai.

Would be fun to visit!

Asher

KrisCarnmarker

Hi Nicolas,

It was a pleasure meeting you, and a great moment indeed! The internet can be so anonymous so meeting someone in person just makes the OPF so much more personal.

The picture came out well, you even got the locals in their typical dress in the picture :) You knew this of course, but they were behind me and did not notice them.

/Kris

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
So please you guys got together! OPF is working well when thias happens! Did you manage to see the sights? I now will look up some information about Dubai.

Would be fun to visit!

Asher

Bonjour Asher
we also talked a lot about… you!-)
Kris drove me to some amazing place new but supposed to look traditional, were we had that lunch.
Unfortunately my schedule were too short to be able to organize a real tour.
Dubaï is a really amazing place, so much money concentrated there, they are cranes everywhere, building is such an activity -and activity is 24h/day / 7 days/week that even taxi drivers get lost (I experienced it!).
This is a place where in August outside temp may reach 48°C (in the shadows) and where swimming pools are chilled! yes chilled!

They even have a ski track with snow (minus 6°C in the hall), the least to say is that there, there is absolutely no concern about ecology not consciousness about global warming (would it be natural cycling or from human activity is a debate that would certainely be insane here).

There is a lot to say about what they do built on the sea (The World, The Palm etc.).

In regards to human being there would be a lot to say to in the country where almost everything seems to be permitted and where no taxes are to be paid on your income. But this is not the place… maybe later in "Provocative Thoughts and Images"

Well, anyway it was a short trip and it would be certainely unmodest to feel understanding all.

I may add that we had there 3 days of sand storm and even some cooling rain, doesn't help to watch! but no problem for my indoor shooting, otherwise, you better keep the same lens on your camera!

Thanks again to Kris, I'll certainely have to go back there for work. And let him know if he's still there (he's a lover of Spain…)