• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

GAA

Which photo is more pleasing, the ball in focus or the player?

_H0X8164.jpg

_H0X8165.jpg

Thanks for looking

Exif data:
Exposure Time = 1/1600"
F Number = F2.8
Exposure Program = Aperture priority
ISO Speed Ratings = 500
Exif Version = Version 2.21
Date Time Original = 2010-09-19 11:26:48
Date Time Digitized = 2010-09-19 11:26:48
Shutter Speed Value = 10.64 TV
Aperture Value = 2.97 AV
Exposure Bias Value = +0.33EV
Max Aperture Value = F2.83
Metering Mode = Pattern
Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length = 300mm
Color Space = sRGB

John Angulat

pro member
FWIW, my vote is for the ball in focus.
If the second image had caught the entire bat, then maybe I would have leaned in that direction.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Why not have both? It's so simple to add the focused ball to the first image! I'd love to see that and compare it to the others. now would this violate some sports-photographer's ethics. I personally don't photograph what is there but what I see in my mind. So for me it's O.K. as long as it's part of my own thoughts. Now is this for an official news report or just for the players and family?

Even if this was the news, and you are an official newsman, would combining the images (and thereby not altering any of the facts or outcome of the hitters action), be looked down upon?

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Even if this was the news, and you are an official newsman, would combining the images (and thereby not altering any of the facts or outcome of the hitters action), be looked down upon?
I would feel perfectly comfortable in doing such, if I thought that produced a meaningful product (even in a PJ setting), but I would not post it here, where there are some that are mindlessly anal about this concept.

(I do not post anything here pertaining to, nor ever discuss here, any of my activities in the journalistic sphere.)

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
(I do not post anything here pertaining to, nor ever discuss here, any of my activities in the journalistic sphere.)

Oops! Doug,

You might forget that from time to time you have referenced your pictures, unless I too am having senior moments, LOL!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Oops! Doug,

You might forget that from time to time you have referenced your pictures, unless I too am having senior moments, LOL!

I don't think lately (since adopting the policy late in 2008), although perhaps I have slipped.

Best regards,

Doug