• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lotus Notes Coming to an iPhone near you! Amazing synergy between IBM and Apple!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
IBM is porting the industrial strength corporate info exchange and workgroup tool, Lotus Notes to the iPhone. This is the first instants that the Apple SDK has been used to make a software program arrive at the svelt highly successful iPhone.

Yesterday, I though I saw the limit when my son's iphone grabbed it's location from Google maps and then with a few "reverse" pinch gestures of his fingers, the locations to the street block was shown on the screen.

Now he'll have access to enterprise data via the Lotus notes interface too! Apple will announce this at the LotusSphere conference in Orlando this coming week.

With this move IBM is moving into Microsoft's territory using a path that is easy for PC users, the new and popular iPhone.

"IBM, which counts 135 million Lotus users worldwide, can get companies to let their employees check Lotus e-mail on iPhones, the partnership could make Apple's gadget more competitive with Research in Motion Ltd.'s BlackBerry and other business-targeted smart phones." AP

Asher