• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Portrait

Antonio Correia

For the project "Muito cá de casa" another portrait this time from a cartoonist 83 years old, José Ruy.
Two flashes the one on the right with umbrella and the other one bare.
Next time I will make another portrait I have to be careful about what the person is using. In fact he was wearing a
dark blue coat...

i-8NQg7vT-X2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
For the project "Muito cá de casa" another portrait this time from a cartoonist 83 years old, José Ruy.
Two flashes the one on the right with umbrella and the other one bare.
Next time I will make another portrait I have to be careful about what the person is using. In fact he was wearing a
dark blue coat...

i-8NQg7vT-X2.jpg

He seems very wise, like an Einstein. Cartoonists also need to deal with complexity and render it down to the bare minimum representations, sketches that explain the complex to us.

It's likely that you can pull out some detail from the shadows...or not?

Asher

Antonio Correia

He seems very wise, like an Einstein. Cartoonists also need to deal with complexity and render it down to the bare minimum representations, sketches that explain the complex to us.

It's likely that you can pull out some detail from the shadows...or not?

Asher

Thank you Asher. No, I can't pull out detail from the shadows because he was wearing a dark blue coat - pretty dark - and I did not put light on the coat. Only the pullover/sweater got some light.

I always have problems here in the place where I take the pictures: The background is full of little holes (soundproof panels) and I can' go back further away to increase speed with HSS and to take advantage of the light fall off, as there is no room to...

I must buy a black cloth and hang it behind them !

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

I always have problems here in the place where I take the pictures: The background is full of little holes (soundproof panels) and I can' go back further away to increase speed with HSS and to take advantage of the light fall off, as there is no room to...

Antonio,

Those holes in the boards will be black, unless there's light behind them, so what's the problem?

Asher

Antonio Correia

Antonio,

Those holes in the boards will be black, unless there's light behind them, so what's the problem?

Asher

@ Thank you Rachel :)
@ Asher
The little holes always get light as you can see in a detail of one of the photographs. I do not have a barn light in spite of trying to concentrate the light in a smaller size.
I would need to get back further to take advantage of the light fall-off. I would use then a faster speed with HSS on the flash. There is no distance to do so. I am already at the end of the small room.
I need a cloth - which I already have in grey - and I must use it to get better and more consistent results.
Now that I see a Preview I understand that the holes don't get light. The holes are in shade instead.

i-rHtG97F-X3.jpg

Jarmo Juntunen

Antonio, I think it is a wonderful and strong portrait. He is so concentrated in telling a story I can almost hear his voice.

I do not know why I am not receiving emails when someone post on threads :(

Hi Antonio,

You can set that (the Thread Subscription options) yourself on a per-message level when you send a message. Check the "Additional Options" at the bottom of your (Reply to) thread options when you send/reply a message.

Cheers,
Bart

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
@ Thank you Rachel :)
@ Asher
The little holes always get light as you can see in a detail of one of the photographs. I do not have a barn light in spite of trying to concentrate the light in a smaller size.
I would need to get back further to take advantage of the light fall-off. I would use then a faster speed with HSS on the flash. There is no distance to do so. I am already at the end of the small room.
I need a cloth - which I already have in grey - and I must use it to get better and more consistent results.
Now that I see a Preview I understand that the holes don't get light. The holes are in shade instead.

i-rHtG97F-X3.jpg

Hi Antonio
a quick step within a few minutes in PS would solve easily that problem!

Antonio Correia

Hi Antonio, You can set that (the Thread Subscription options) yourself on a per-message level when you send a message. Check the "Additional Options" at the bottom of your (Reply to) thread options when you send/reply a message. Cheers, Bart

Thank you Bart. The fact is that it has been working fine till now...
I went into Your Control Panel / Settings and Options / Edit Options and ... I hope it works next time :)
i-ckmp5gH-L.png

@ Nicolas
Yes I know that Nicolas, thank you. But I still have to do it. :)
If the background is perfect it makes my work easier and more perfect.
I am on the way to buy a black cloth by the end of the week.

Thank you ! :)