• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Household Tasks

James Lemon

i-GggtVSL-L.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jim,

I like the idea for a series implied in the title, "Household tasks". Since you have more siblings to introduce, the nature of this image is probably not best considered on its own, as a single brick would inform us little about the nature of the wall or architecture that is to be built! Still, you have been economical in your framing, and that's already a novel approach.

i-GggtVSL-L.jpg

Right now, I'm intrigued, the brief look at what happens when I'm not around is interesting and conscience arousing!. I'm looking forward to more!

Asher

James Lemon

Jim,

I like the idea for a series implied in the title, "Household tasks". Since you have more siblings to introduce, the nature of this image is probably not best considered on its own, as a single brick would inform us little about the nature of the wall or architecture that is to be built! Still, you have been economical in your framing, and that's already a novel approach.

i-GggtVSL-L.jpg

Right now, I'm intrigued, the brief look at what happens when I'm not around is interesting and conscience arousing!. I'm looking forward to more!

Asher

Thank you for your comments gentlemen!

I also like this. :)

Good start for a project !

Antonio Correia

Perhaps the margins should be consist on all the images... as well as the size and crop.

Great image the one with the lady ! :)

James Lemon

Perhaps the margins should be consist on all the images... as well as the size and crop.

Great image the one with the lady ! :)

Thank you for your feedback Antonio! Since we are on the subject of framing I would like to know what the general rule of thumb is for framing pictures ? I have heard that black frames can be a distraction for some. I have framed some images with silver frames all B/W images but yet I have seen many B/W images framed with black frames. Would anybody care to offer some thoughts on this subject?

Antonio Correia

Thank you for your feedback Antonio! Since we are on the subject of framing I would like to know what the general rule of thumb is for framing pictures ? I have heard that black frames can be a distraction for some. I have framed some images with silver frames all B/W images but yet I have seen many B/W images framed with black frames. Would anybody care to offer some thoughts on this subject?

I was meaning:
"Perhaps the margins should be consistent (and not consist as I wrote) on all the images... as well as the size and crop."

I do not know if there are rules for framing pictures but I am sure there is. Among other things one can use museum quality glass or none (like I do) and use not acid materials to hold the image.

I was only trying to suggest you could use a frame - which ever it is - consistently :) the same method, proportion and finish for a complete set of images. That IMHO gives coherence to the body of work as you images deserve.