• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A new sort of challenge

Mike Shimwell

OK, not one picture, but a few from this evening wandering around the house.

First things first...

4138866287_234064ef4b_o.jpg

4138866479_2c6f338b3d_o.jpg

Mike Shimwell

and finally, I cheated and put the 100 macro on

4138865899_2064906dc6_o.jpg

and I just like that you can do this so easily with a dslr
4139626512_be16c265a5_o.jpg

Have a nice evening all

Mike

Mike Shimwell

Love Stuart's nuts. And, inspired by Nigel (but not ecstatic about what I produced)

smallbanks.jpg

Rachel Ann Foster: Piggy Banks

Hi Rachel

I'd try taking the lid off the jar and turning it on its side - let the money flow out. At present the money infront looks like its placed there, but the closed lid breaks the idea as there's nowhere for the money to come from or go. It could also do with being a bit brighter and having something else in frame I think - something to make it more human?

NIgel, it looks liek you made it big on the slot machine just before coming home;)

As for the nuts, well enough said. That must have taken some time!! Nice work.

Mike

Jameson Smith

Great shots Mike. I've got a bottle of Laphroaig in my collection as well, very nice scotch.

I need to get to picking which shot(s) of mine to add to this theme.

Jameson Smith

House walkabout...

This was a fun challenge but in trying to keep down to a couple pictures to add I'm going to stick to a few from my music room.

IMG_3512.jpg

IMG_3530.jpg

IMG_3526.jpg

and I'll throw one Kitchen one in for good measure.

IMG_3473.jpg

Ray Detwiler

pro member
A couple of quickies from my kitchen....

IMG_6286v1.jpg

IMG_2518v2.jpg

Jan,
I like what you are working with here.
If I may make a suggestion for the next time it rains and you have some flowers against the window - I saw this hiding in the photo you posted and thought it might make for a great photograph by itself:

IMG_2518v2.jpg

If you can center the flower on the part of the glass with the rain drops, and get rid of the reflections from the other cups and stuff, I think that would make for a really cool photo. The blues and greens just come to life when they are put together like that.
:)

janet Smith

pro member
Jan,
I like what you are working with here.
If I may make a suggestion for the next time it rains and you have some flowers against the window - I saw this hiding in the photo you posted and thought it might make for a great photograph by itself

Hi Ray

Thanks for the comments and welcome to OPF.

These flowers were on my window sill, sheltering from the rain, while I waited for them to open fully so I could photograph them, all my vases were full, so they ended up in whatever container I could find, hence the jugs and tea pots etc. I did photograph them and the resulting shot is now the background to my website.

Next time it rains (snowing at the moment - again!) I'll think about your idea - thanks Ray!