• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Fun: Who also shoots Video and what do you use?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We'll be shortly showing video too. So who shoots in video? Tell us what you have learned ablout choices.

If you use a DSLR, how does that compare with your experience with a dedicated video camera prosumer or otherwise.

Thanks for sharing,

Asher :)

Wayne Stratton

Since the inception of HiDef television I have put my video camera aside until I can decide what new HD camcorder to buy.

Yesterday morning, I was trying to take some pictures of blue jays when I heard an unusual sound behind me. I turned to see a squirrel and it was making some unusual noises. My first thought was....man, I wish I had my camcorder to share this moment with my wife and son...then I remembered my new camera has the hd video recording feature! Below is my first video with it. I left it unedited, you can see I had a hard time holding it still (no tripod, only had my coffee and my camera) and I also had a hard time with autofocusing near the end but overall I really like it.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This, Wayne, is a lot of fun. I didn't realize the extent of the squirrels vocabulary. what a cut little thing. Interesting that t didn't start eating immediately. Good quality imaging.

Asher