• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Tulalip Fisherman...*Pic*

ErikJonas

Banned
This is bar none my best selling image...It is called Tulalip Fisherman as i shot it on the Tulalip Reservation...Tulalip is not a tribe persay...It is a conglomerate of tribes in union as one.

4390813777_1dc1888e09_o.jpg

This I shot in 2007 just being in the right place at the right time...

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Now this is photography once more! Tell us about the capture. It's interesting to know how this picture came about. Do you have other pictures in the sequence?

Asher

ErikJonas

Banned
Asher....I was going to pick up Jordan for a shoot,shes the girl i posted a picture of in the wolf skin...Monica was with me,the girl whos eyes you did not believe to be blue...Monica and i were walking up to Jordans house which has a totem pole in the front yard and about a block from us in the road lands this massive bald eagle (they are big birds!!)

I knew it would be gone quickly, Monica was snapping away with a point and shoot that was in her purse....The bird took off...We told Jordan about it at her door and as we stood outside it came soaring back very low with this big fish still in its talons...It landed on her neighbors roof!!!!

Now...My camera was burried in the back of my car as that day we were going to go shoot up in the mountains, a long drive i'd not need my camera...Right...So i run to my car and dig it out, switch to my zoon trying not to break anything in my hurry. Changed my ISO to 400...I pulled the camera up not even looking through it just clicked it and looked at my display and knew where i needed to adjust to, then i brought it up, walking towards it i sharted shooting...Got 2 or 3 of it on the peak of the roof and then it started to fly...

The hardest thing i have done thus far is try to track a bird in flight with my camera...4 shots, 2 were crap, one i have yet to really look at his wings are up as he's trying to get elevation and this shot which caught his wings at full extention, the actual print and not this low res web file you can see blood on his beak from eating the fish....

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

Hi Erik,

I'd like to know more about the shot. The subject is great, an eagle with its catch. I'd love to have seen that myself. You were lucky but you got it. The question I have is of the appearance as you have presented it. It seems so thin that it could be a damaged file by jpg compression or the result of under-exposure and then opening up the image to be able to see some detail.

So could you show the entire frame before cropping if any, as shot and no edits.

I'm puzzled with this potentially wonderful photo.

Asher

ErikJonas

Banned
Asher you made a request for the images surrounding this shot which as i have said they are not much but the authenticity of the shot was question which is probably the greatest compliment to a shot...None the less these first two images are the first two prior to the one above and the second two came after the one posted above.....

4421452724_ae5680a694_o.jpg

second......................

4420689323_58ec332951_o.jpg

And then the two afterwards.....

4420689343_9443d8e346_o.jpg

Fourth....

4421455116_7e50706a20_o.jpg

Bye bye birdie.......So those are the surrounding shots to the one above...The image above is not cropped

Asher Kelman

Erik,

Thanks for posting these images as it tells a better story of the chance moment and need to grab what shot you can with no warning. Good job!

Asher