• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Fun: Equipment can be expensive!

Rachel Foster

116642.jpg

Canon Super Telephoto 1200mm f/5.6L EF USM Autofocus Lens

Rare, Super Telephoto LensLongest Fixed Canon Telephoto Ever Made
2-Degree Angle-of-ViewRotating Handle/Tripod Mount collar

I was just browsing B&H and saw a used lens for $120,000.00! Wow!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

I was just browsing B&H and saw a used lens for $120,000.00! Wow!​

Well, Rachel,

To me it's not the money that's the main issue, it's just that the lens is white and attracts a lot of attention and so that's why I'm selling it. Also for the same weight and a savings of $92,000 one can get the superb and rare Green Sigma!

551435.jpg

Sigma 200-50
0mm f/2.8 EX DG APO IF

The Sigma 200-500mm f/2.8 EX DG APO IF Lens is a massive ultra-telephoto zoom lens that offers an impressive fast f/2.8 aperture throughout its entire zoom range, all the way up to 500mm. Combined with the included dedicated high-quality 2x teleconverter, this lens can be converted for use as a 400-1000mm f/5.6 lens.

• Green rubberized protective barrel, ideal for outdoor use"​

Ruben Alfu

Hey, it´s rare after all, and the cover at $350.00 is a real bargain... wait, 120 GRANDS can´t buy a cover too!!???

Mike Shimwell

Mine is bigger!

I have an 1800mm f12 lens - aka my planetary telescope - which attaches to my dslr's with a simple 'T-ring' adaptor. Not quite as well corrected or as bright, nor is it autofocus, but it costs around $119,400 less, and comes complete with an aluminium case and motorised tripod.

Mike

John Angulat

pro member
Think of all the G10's you buy with that money!
Fill a memory card, throw the camera away!
You could do that for the rest of your life!