• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

News: New website and blog

Ruben Alfu

Love the site Charles, simple and elegant. Your expertise in this type of photos is fascinating, I´ll be definitely following your blog.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Charles,

I love your website, well so much that I looked up the designer Disali. your photography is well known to me but now it's all very well organized, inviting and professional.

Asher

Ken Tanaka

pro member
Charles; In much the same vein as I commended Michael's new Web site earlier today, I must also commend yours. Simple, honest, complementing the photography rather than competing with it. Well done.

But your specialized photography is wonderful. Anybody moaning that they've nothing to photograph should spend an hour with your instrument images. Your careful use of light, your accentuation of each piece's tonality and form detail relationships,...it's so sensuous!

It's wonderful, Charles.

Thank you all. I truly appreciate your praise ;-)

It has been a challenging journey from noob to now. And much of the success has been due to the many wonderful luthiers and collectors whose instruments I have been fortunate enough to photograph.

I chose David (Disali) to design this site because he has a good understanding of my basic visual values and is able to create sites that show my work at its best.

Once you accept that at its most basic, photography is about light, form, and tone, you can photography anything and make it look good. I am a long-time believer that if you understand the basic principles, you can create anything you wish.