• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Welcome to the new retouching forum

Tim Armes

Hi all,

Some of you may have noticed that the RAW and JPEG workflow forums have been subject to a name change. After lots of discussion it was decided to distinguish between two sorts of post processing.

The "Image Processing and Workflow" forum encompasses the sorts of overall image manipulations that one may do with a tool such as Lightroom. That is the forum in which to discuss how to achieve the overall look that one wishes a photo to have. The photos may originate from RAW, JPEG or TIFF; newer tools like Lightroom or LightZone don't distinguish between them.

The "JPEG workflow" forum, which previously attracted little interest, has now become the "Retouching and Repairing" forum. This forum takes off where "Image Processing and Workflow" forum finishes, and attempts to deal with post-processing at the pixel level with tools such as Photoshop.

Asher has entrusted me with the task moderating this forum and inciting members to participate. To that end I welcome you to pose your retouching dilemmas so that we may help you evolve your skills, whether you're a beginner or an advanced retouching artist.

Learning good retouching skills takes time. This is especially true with Photoshop, whose vast repertoire of capabilities can be all to bewildering to the newcomer. So please, ask questions and share your experiences. If you're already a competent retoucher then we call upon your help to make this forum shine.

I shall do my best to maintain a degree of organisation in the forum, so that valuable threads may be easily found. In this way I hope that the forum will become an efficient and useful retouching resource.

Regards,

Tim

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks Tim for taking up the challenge to look after this important forum!

To everyone, please make this an important part of your visit to OPF. This is where we can share our skils and learn at the same time.

Whether it is to make the skin perfect, rebuild an incomplete object or change the mood of the entire scene, retouching can transform something ordinary to impressive and the latter to extraordinary.

So please, post and/submit your images for all of us to work on.

http://www.yousendit.com can be used for large files or else link to your website.

Asher

Thanks Ray, Diane and Tim for correcting the URL .

Last edited:

sherief mohamed

iam really happy to find alot of tutorials and topics about retouching photos here in openphotographyforums ... thats a place where i would like to find all that iam looking for

thanks

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
iam really happy to find alot of tutorials and topics about retouching photos here in openphotographyforums ... thats a place where i would like to find all that iam looking for

thanks

The best approach this is to show your pictures and describe what the issue you have with it. There are many ways to approach editing images and we always get surprising new ways.

Good luck,

Asher