• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Who uses retouching services?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Much as I love to do post processing myself, it makes the hands of the clock spin and presto 3-5 hours have vanished! In the past I just allocated more hours to photography and read less books and so life seemed more balanced. Now with a busier shooting schedule demands are increased so there's no time left to allocate!

So now I'm thinking of having all the clean up of b.g. and retouching and printing done by some service. So what's your experience and who do you use for each?

Asher

Ken Tanaka

pro member
Asher; Retouchers -- professional retouchers, not art students -- are very costly and very busy. They're largely the luxury of commercial photographers working with big budgets. OPF is an amateur photography domain so I would not expect any responses to your query. Folks here do their own "retouching". <g>

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher; Retouchers -- professional retouchers, not art students -- are very costly and very busy. They're largely the luxury of commercial photographers working with big budgets. OPF is an amateur photography domain so I would not expect any responses to your query. Folks here do their own "retouching". <g>

Thanks Ken for the touch of reality! There is one online pro hosting service that provides galleries for pro photographers and fulfillment and has a strategic business partner who can provide the extra service of retouching. One can even have clients mark up bags under eyes and then write in how much to change them. For my work, it's mostly cleaning up on the white seamless of high heel and cello rod cuts in the seamless or scuff marks from shoes which happen in seconds after the set is perfect, LOL! So the work is routine and includes that and making uneven lighting in the b.g. normalized.

I have no time for changing noses or matching eye brows or the like, just dealing with obvious zits. However my lighting is so even with a 7 ft Octadome that skin issues are not any problem in 8/10 portraits. Occasionally I might like great shadows made or have perfect extraction of the figure from the b.g., but that's it!

Enough with multitasking, I need to delegate work!

Asher