• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Red Squirrels

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Couple of Red Squirrels from Morton Loch.

1Z0A1947 by Gordon Baird, on Flickr​

Gordon,

Perfect use of sharp focus for the squirrel and soft non distracting blur for the background. Rneds up being a superb protrait as if you already know thei lady/fellow as a firend.

We have just grey squairrels. Yours look like an illustration for a childrens book. Wow, that's an idea for you!

It would be very popular.

Just needs a story!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Just a little suggestion. Keep the EXIF info if you can and add your © as these are such good quality pictures that they can be used commercially. You could find any of these pictures on the table of some food product or kids book.

I wanted to see the lens system you chose, here and discovered that all the data is stripped. But I now will check your server as it may be there!

.............Well, Gordon, I stand corrected. All the beautiful detail of the EXIF is here. Flickr just strips the info when you post it elsewhere! That is weird. When Smugmug takes over, I wonder how it will work?

The 100-400 on the 7D is a great combo and you have reach of 540mm equivalent. No wonder your pics are so fabulous!

Asher

Wow thank you so much for your kind comment's Asher. I tend to stand back and don't post much as I feel I am not at the standard of others on here.
I use a 7dmkii and the 100-400L mkii. I also use my 5dmkiii with this lens with equally good results. :) :)