• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lightzone 3.0 released

Gary Yelland

pro member
I am a big fan of Lightzone (not lightroom) the new relight tool is an interesting addition and the new look and feel is great.

Are there many people out their using it ?

For me its an amazing tool for creative black and white images, I use photoshop for the rest.

Cheers

Gary

made with lightzone
378626395_2ae9689ea7.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well deone!

Gary, post on Lightzone all you can and we'll follow you anywhere! This is a very important and underused program. Here you have used it in it's element.

I like the rendering. I am impressed with the skin texture. Do you save your sequences for reuse like actions with some adjustment or work each image from scratch?

What was the the asignment for your client?

Asher

Gary Yelland

pro member
LZ

I tend to work from scratch for each image, the problem with working from actions or styles is that all your images tend to look the same.

I apply each layer to the stack individually for each image depending on the emotive content and the mood I am in at the time, this way each image has its own character.

The assignment was a local model building her portfolio and for me to try out some new lighting styles for the paying clients later. I am a big fan of TFCD as everybody wins, its great for trying risky new techniques in a safe environment without the big clients taking the risk.

Gary