• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

DxO <->Lighroom

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I haven't took the time to read, just discover this… wow!
Wanted to share asap…

DxO 4.5 <->Lighroom 1.1 connection!!!!

here

KrisCarnmarker

At first look, this looks interesting, but there really is not any more integration than with any other TP product. You set up DxO as an external editor, that it.

Now, when the SDK comes out and DxO can plug into the RAW processing pipeline, that will be exciting!

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for pointing this out. Interesting, indeed, but not really exciting. I totally agree with the statement of Kris.

The DxO pdf document mentions the following issue:

IMPORTANT: It is highly recommended to edit image in the DxO Optics Pro plug-in (from Lightroom™) before performing any image adjustments in Lightroom™. Performing corrections in Lightroom™ before editing images in the DxO Optics Pro plug-in will result in either only partial corrections in the DxO Optics Pro plug-in (for JPEG images) or ignoring any adjustments made in Lightroom™ (for RAW images).
There is however a partial workaround to this situation for RAW images (see below).
IMPORTANT: Although this “Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments” option mentions that the image will be sent to the DxO Optics Pro plug-in with Lightroom™ Adjustments, this is not the case due to the way the DxO Optics Pro Plug-in has been implemented. It is in fact the original RAW image that will be sent to the DxO Optics Pro plug-in. Any Lightroom™ adjustments you may have made before sending the image to the DxO Optics Pro plug-in will be ignored. The DxO Optics Pro plug-in will return TIFF 16-bit files to Lightroom™.
That makes it clear, I guess.

Cheers,

nicolas claris

Sorry, in a way, you're wrong guys!
I gave a quick try today, and it's look promising…

you open your raw file in LR, do nothing special to the file, then go to photo/edit in Dxo

do whatever you wish in Dxo, INCLUDING lens and symetry correction

When processed you're automatically returned to LR, your "edit" version is there, close to the original

you may now do what you wish in LR and export.

Below is the same file, one edited thru Dxo and LR and the other one only LR, both seen side by side in CS3

100% crop-----------------------------------------------------------------LR version ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dxo+LR version
100P100crop.jpg

The LR version had my sharpening action run on it, DxO+LR did not need…(IMHO)

What I couldn't do is import any file from PS CS2 or CS3 though the plugin is installed by the installer…

nicolas claris

Yes, this is exactly what I've said!

LR to Dxo --> doesn't work
or
Dxo to LR--> works but you have to start from LR

who cares? with the latter you get the best of both…

nicolas claris

The DxO Optics Pro plug-in will return TIFF 16-bit files to Lightroom™.
This I didn't notice at first, and I must admit that It would have been much more interesting if the "edit" file had been a RAW...

Cem_Usakligil

Oops..(again)

Hi Nicolas,

I've just realized that my previous post was something along the lines "I told you so!". I am ashamed since that was not my intention, sorry for that.

Looking on the bright side, DxO has impressed me a lot when I used it as a trial copy. I am seriously considering buying it someday, in the meanwhile keep on using PTLens for lens corrections only.

Cheers,