• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My wife's car

Antonio Correia

Today in the morning, I took my wife's car to the annual inspection. It passed without any issues. Good.
She doesn't want to change it ! Mint conditions !

i-SbCJtBD-XL.jpg

Antonio Correia

Asher, it's automatic. Look at the second shot !

These days she can't drive a manual gear box anymore :)

The great difference is that me for example, I break with the right foot while some of you - used to auto from long time ago - do it with the left one. The sensibility to breaking is in my right not on in my left foot/leg.

:)

If ever I would break with the left foot, I could have an accident.
i-kWbNhmg-S.jpg

Antonio Correia

This blue is not very exquisite. It is nice indeed but not that nice.
I had once a BMW which was Mystique blue. That was a blue. With nuances, one blue under one light another blue under the another, or a blue under the Sun and another at the shadows...
It was my first automatic. The sales man keep telling me, at the time: automatic ? what for ?
LOL LOL

i-pMggzGV-XL.jpg

Doug Kerr

Hi, Antonio,

I was supposing most people doesn't in US.

Perhaps I am wrong... :)

What do you think ?
I know a lot of people that brake with the left foot.

But I learned to drive in about 1951 on a 1946 Pontiac with a 3-speed manual transmission (shift on the column). So I still keep my left foot available for the clutch (even if there isn't any!).

Probably the last car I drove fairly often with a manual transmission was a 1965 MGB I bought in perhaps 1969 for my first wife's sister (we raised her like a daughter).

In fact, I rebuilt that transmission on our kitchen table.

Best regards,

Doug

Jerome Marot

I had once a BMW which was Mystique blue. That was a blue. With nuances, one blue under one light another blue under the another, or a blue under the Sun and another at the shadows...

My present car looks dark in the shade, but with blue sparkles in the sun. The manufacturer calls this "ink blue" (encre bleue). Maybe I should post a picture, but I would need to wash it first.

It is a manual transmission. Cheap and fuel-efficient. About 6l/100 or 40 in US units.

Peter Dexter

I have a car color the company calls Verde Amazonique or Amazon Green. In most light it looks green or even olive green but in bright sunlight it looks bronze. Sometimes I'm asked if it is military.

43292795425_ee6f4d3005_b.jpg

Jerome Marot

I have a car color the company calls Verde Amazonique or Amazon Green. In most light it looks green or even olive green but in bright sunlight it looks bronze. Sometimes I'm asked if it is military.

The Dacia-Renault Duster is built in Romania for the European market and also assembled in Columbia for the Americas. No wonder it is popular in that country where you live!

I actually saw one with exactly the same colour this morning.

Peter Dexter

Yes the Dacia/Renault Duster is sold by the huge factory in Romania as "Complete Knock Down Kits" to be assembled in plants in many countries around the world including India and Russia as well as Colombia. This is nothing new for Renault though as it's SOFASA plant in Medellin has been assembling Renaults since 1969. It also assembled Toyota Land Cruisers, Prados and some Daihatsus for a while. An interesting bit of trivia: armored versions of the Toyotas were a factory option.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Oh, no. I normally try to buy French cars. I have friends working in that industry, and I don't want them to run out of their jobs, do I?

Same here, although not the same car neither the color…

In the past I had Alfa Romeos (ah the 2,5 l GTV6 !) Audis, VWs but for more than 10 years I decided to do for the exact same reasons as Jerôme and chose French cars (Renault and now Peugeot)

Jarmo Juntunen

My wife's telling me I'm getting closer to being 50. Not true. Not true at all. I'll be 49 this November. All the same I felt like getting a Jaguar this summer. So here she is, a -97 XK8. I'll be driving her for the summer months only, so quite soon it's time to take her to winter rest. Here's a picture of her and Laura (of course).

3_x_coolitIMG_4684.JPG

Antonio Correia

You are young Jarmo !
In November - Scorpios are the worst on the Earth surface - i'll be 70 !

Did she get too much Sun ?

Here as you know, we don't have winter or summer tires and cars do not go to hibernate. :)

Thanks for commenting ! :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

43292795425_ee6f4d3005_b.jpg

Peter,

It does look like an official army vehicle for some official or officer!

Does France have an off road beefed up version?

The French military have all sorts of export programs to former colonies and even make mounts for macine guns or mortars on some vehicles that are committed to Sahara bordering countries.

Although they also freely use Toyota’s for that.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Yes the Dacia/Renault Duster is sold by the huge factory in Romania as "Complete Knock Down Kits" to be assembled in plants in many countries around the world including India and Russia as well as Colombia. This is nothing new for Renault though as it's SOFASA plant in Medellin has been assembling Renaults since 1969. It also assembled Toyota Land Cruisers, Prados and some Daihatsus for a while. An interesting bit of trivia: armored versions of the Toyotas were a factory option.

I wonder whether it’s these armored versions that France uses for its colonies for rapid response. All they need is to provide 30 officers and communications and these armored cards on a few air transports and they can alter the outcome of a local or regional flair up against their interests, but have an almost zero footprint and hardly a news service bothers to notice!

Brilliant!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Oh, no. I normally try to buy French cars. I have friends working in that industry, and I don't want them to run out of their jobs, do I?

When I grew up, the Citroen was the envy of even Austin Princess or Bentley owners as it was able to alter suspension and be lowered for speed on a highway.

Then, the Renault’s looked like a modified bargain-priced metal garden hut on wheels!

Asher