• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

News: Phase One Brings on Capture One 6 and Capture One Pro 6

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Screen shot 2010-12-01 at 9.17.42 PM.jpg

There are a bunch of attractive enhancements to one of my favorite RAW processing engines. Videos are available here and are worth looking at even if you are not a Phase One Pro Owner. I'll just go into the most interesting feature right now and that's "local adjustments"!

At last! Local adjustments delivered in layers for Phase One in Phase One Pro 6.

It works by selecting areas with a masking tool which creates layers and allows just the painted, (ie masked layer) to be corrected or adjusted. In the examples given a models irises are painted in with one dab of the circular brush, lightened and then the blue selected and saturation increased a tad. Works superbly well The next example is of correcting moiré in the model's wrap. Just paint in the troublesome area with a broad stroke and apply the moiré tool and it's tamed.

There are keyboard shortcuts of m or, yes m again, for seeing the mask or not and that's sounds good and dandy. Or check the dialog box to have it only visible when creating the mask. Hit b, to have the brush add to the mask and e to turn it into an erasor. However, one has to manually pull down the layers menu to select background to go one with the rest of the editing. Why no keyboard shortcut? Doubtless it's a hidden undocumented keystroke that someone will dig up!

In addition there's a new capability to link to an ipad, iphone, to allow you scroll, zoom or otherwise play with your image to wirelessly on your icreature! No remote editing .. yet!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Now the big question? will you upgrade? Does this grab you? What of this new package seems worthy of your money and respect?

For me, just for now, the provision of more training videos to use the existing features is appreciated.

Asher