• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

iPad with or without Retina Display ?

Antonio Correia

iPad with or without Retina Display ?

I want to get one of these because I need to show my galleries to people easily so I can engage them in my projects.

Which should I buy ? With or without Retina Display considering the intention ?

Thank you ! :)

compare_hardware_images_2x.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'd go with the retina display for its brilliance. Today, showing a portfolio on a tablet to a prospective gallery or client is the preferred starting point in any meeting exploring interest. However, you should try them both out as the glossy surface might annoy you!

Great also for live view and touch focus control of some cameras especially the Pentax 645 Z!!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Thank you Asher.
I think it will go instead of a new cam :)

However, a MacBook Air is a serious an option as it is more versatile and excellent to show the images. In October/November ;)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thank you Asher.
I think it will go instead of a new cam :)

However, a MacBook Air is a serious an option as it is more versatile and excellent to show the images. In October/November ;)

Antonio,

I still think it's great to have a tablet.

• The potential for controlling cameras with touch focus and more
  • The right form for showing for prospective subjects and galleries
  • The ability to review one's images while taking a break on location fro a sandwich or coffee

But today, only Apple lags behind with no ability to use external memory conveniently..........or does someone here have ways of reliably connecting a portable HD to a Apple tablet? A Seagate "Wireless Plus" drive claims to offer 2Tb of wireless storage, STCV2000200. But I wonder if anyone has experience of it?

Asher