• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Saturday afternoon at Nymphenburg Palace

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A pretty fine fly past! What was that? Is there an air base nearby or is that commercial?

Lots in this picture - a gilt-edged past and a modern word. Hopefully, Michael, this is just the beginning of a tour!

Could there be a lion climbing the wall on the other side perhaps? I think not, just a stone lion if I am correct nearby.

Asher

Michael Nagel

Asher,
A pretty fine fly past! What was that? Is there an air base nearby or is that commercial?
You keep surprising me with your questions. This is most likely a commercial flight and it did not necessarily take off at an airport nearby, otherwise the plane would not fly that high. There is quite a high number of airports within Europe and I cannot tell from which one it started. Munich has a reasonably-sized airport as well, but his was not the place it came from...

Lots in this picture - a gilt-edged past and a modern word. Hopefully, Michael, this is just the beginning of a tour!

Could there be a lion climbing the wall on the other side perhaps? I think not, just a stone lion if I am correct nearby.
Not a tour - just few picture before returning home. There is one more to come. The paws belog to the lamp.

Best regards,
Michael

Michael Nagel

I thought you inserted the invitation to explore because there was something special about the airplane. I thought it might be a fighter plane you were going to tell us about!
So you did not see the reflection of the same kind of lamp with a section of the facade in the glass of this particular lamp?

The plane is more a random but welcome decorative element in the background and if I wanted to put the focus for the viewer on it, it would have had more details, at least enough that guessing would not be required to determine the character of this object...

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
So you did not see the reflection of the same kind of lamp with a section of the facade in the glass of this particular lamp?

The plane is more a random but welcome decorative element in the background and if I wanted to put the focus for the viewer on it, it would have had more details, at least enough that guessing would not be required to determine the character of this object...

Best regards,
Michael
I saw them both, Michael, but for some reason felt that there was something special to be revealed in that short fine stroke in the sky. In fact I really like that feature as it could only happen when all the past was done with.

The reflection, while also an interesting detail, seemed to me part of the palace since it was first built while the stroke in the sky was about what's so new today.

Anyway, I really have enjoyed the pictures here and now want to visit next time we get to Munich, one of my favorite cities in Europe.

Asher