• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Some Photoflex gear on sale!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Photoflex is having a floor sale. There's lots of "stuff" that you might see them packing up after a trade show.

There may be gear you need. Stands, back drops, light boxes, camera bags, lights and so forth. The prices do appear much lower than in the big stores, so it's real. For example the 7' Octadome, normally $440 at the superstores is being sold for $100 less direct from Photoflex, that's just $340! BTW, this now has quick release end for the spines so that breakdown is supposedly faster. I know these are wonderful for studio work. However, at least the older versions once set up are best left alone. I'd love to hear that setting this up is now a breeze!

1156193982_octoDome3_7ft_300.jpg

Also they have what they call a changing room

changingroom.jpg

Changing Room - NEW, DISCOLORED - Save over 60%
[AC-CR001] $99.95 $39.95

Save over 60%

Collapsible Changing Room 25" x 22" x 15". This film changing bag lets you safely change film in your camera without exposing to ambient light.

Light-tight for safe exchange of film
Adequate internal space for ease of use
Collapses for ease of storage
Durable and dependable

I'd love to know if anyone has used this or thinks it might be large enough to load 8x10 film?*

All these items and much more can be found here

Let us know what you think of any bargains!

Asher

BTW For those who might care, LOL, the competing option for changing 8x10 film is this beautiful Harrison Changing Tent.

172897.jpg

Photo BHPhotovideo.com, for that's where you can buy it today!

These seem to be very well made and larger of course 36"x26"x14" and would easily be great for 8x10 film but look at the price, $210!