• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Smartcameraphones

Jerome Marot

It is this time of the year again and advertisements for various kinds of gadgets are up where I live. Amongst these, I noticed quite a few advertisements for smartphones.

What I found new is that most of these advertisements insist on how good the camera part is. On one hand, this was to be expected: in the past years the advertisements insisted on how good the screen was or how fast the processor could be, the writers are running out of superlatives and the little gadgets are already severely overpowered for most of their users. On the other hand, this proves that the general public actually has needs for better cameras. I am not entirely sure what to think about this.

Did you notice the same kind of advertisements where you live?