• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Photokina? just back…

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I Folks

I just came back from Photokina yesterday at midnight.
I have a hell of shots to sort (made last week for my cilents in Cannes) but before I wished to give you some news…

What a show!
We had a very nice meeting (organized by Georg) in a typical Köln German pub with Sinar guys, Olympus folks, Georg and Bart… some others announced their coming but did not show… we had a lot of beers and big laughs!
Thanks Georg!!!

That's typical what OPF should organize at every possible event…

Now:
I shot with the: Sinar Hy6, Sinarback eSprit 65 LV and Schneider AFD Xenotar 2.8/80 PQS lens… hmmm wow!

I shot with the: New "arTec" Sinar Architecture Camera, Sinarback 75 LV and 23mm lens yes yes yes!

I bought a NEC 3090 Spectraview, calibration software from BasicColor and their camera profiling system as well (both for my Canon and… Hy6)

I had no time to fight on Canon stand (nothing expected there for me though)
Same for Leica, but I think Theodore Diehl did (unfortunately we couldn't meet ;-(

Will I resist to the nice offer from Sinar to buy the Hy6? That's THE question…;-) still not a question of love for the system but banker's sense of humor…

My diary for the Hy6 not finished yet, but THE NEWS is that I will soon have Sinar arTec and the 23mm lens to test for you guys!
Lorenz and Eric have asked/proposed me to show it's capabilities to shoot yachts interiors…
So there will be soon a new diary (unless Asher doesn't want…<:)

OK that's all for today, got to go back to work, will post more (and cameras/backs) shot samples asap…

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nicolas!!!

Nicolas!! This is amazing! 23mm! Wonderful! What's the 35mm equivalent focal length? I'd guess about 16mm???

Asher

nicolas claris

Well, you were missed around here. Anxious to hear more. Did you see the new Canon 5dmkII?

Hi Kathy
They had some but I saw it only from quite far, too crowded!

OPF have been missing for me too, but I've been home and office only 2 days this lats month and will go Thursday for a new assignement in St-Tropez…

Good wind and Sun is promised by weather forecast, no doubt the Hy6 will help me to bring some powerfull shots of the Shipman 80 (the boat I posted with interior shots in my diary…).

nicolas claris

Forgot to say… for PhaseOne software users…
They promised loud and clear (but it's a PhaseOne voice…) that the C1 pro version will be available by October 15…

I saw on ther monitor, a 4.5 demo version running (not apro verson though), at first sight the menus looked identical to V.4

nicolas claris

At Papa Joe's

As promised some pics shot with the Iphone… no strobe! LoL!

IMG_0016_Kina.jpg

From left to right: Thierry Hagenauer and Lorenz Koch (both Sinar's men), ???, 2 from Olympus (got to find out his name, GeorG, any help?) and Bart…

Last edited:
Did you see the new Canon 5dmkII?

Hi Kathy,

After standing in line (well, it was more chaotic than that, lots of elbow work and pushing) for perhaps 15 minutes, I was able to handhold one. The LCD is super sharp, and can still be used when viewed from an oblique angle. The camera handled nicely, and AF seemed responsive and fast (central focus point). The video is easy to operate.

It obviously isn't built like a series 1 model, and it has slightly more shutter lag, but it was quite usable. Given the circumstances the mirror/shutter sound appeared to be reasonably low noise, but that might also be because of the the high noise level of the environment.

I have not seen any usable Raw conversions, so I can't judge the image quality yet.

Bart