• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

News: Zion Photographic Summit in its 7th year!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Of the many photography retreats I know of, this one I always recommend as I was there when it started and it's improved each year! Just having Uwe teach photoshop techniques and tone mapping is worthwhile but add to that Alain's personal approach and knowledge of Zion National Park this is a special treat for the Photographer who at least is familiar with basic in Photoshop and has CS2.

09-Uwe-Zion-Plateau_.jpg

Uwe Steinmueller Zion Plateau

What's especially great this year is that the accommodations are significantly upgraded.

They have added to the teaching program, R. Mac Holbert, the founder of Nash Editions, himself a consummate fine art printer! So this workshop is going to be useful to even experienced photographers who already print large fine prints for sale.

The details of the summit and workshops are here. I hoped for a discount for OPF members and here's Alain's note:

"We offer $100 off until May 31st, but we are willing to extend this another month, until June 31st, for OPF members :) "

I hope you take advantage of this enjoyable teaching experience.

Asher

I have not the slightest business/financial connection with the Summit, just think it's a good workshop opportunity and know you will enjoy it. :)