• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

News: Urgent matter for all French photographers or even photography lovers (only)

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
There is an urgent call for signing a petition calling for the save of photographers rights severly "diminished" nowadays…

Here is a Google translation:

This call is launched by Union des Photographes Créateurs, FreeLens, and Saif

SAVE PHOTOGRAPHY

For visual creation that continues to exist and the Authors could Photographers 
continue to produce photographs.

This call for the constitution of the Etats Généraux de la Photographie. 

The massive use of photos called "free" photographs "1 euro", photographs signed "DR", the general reduction of fares, contracts of assignment of rights does not respect the law, challenged by Justices of the original photographs, the trivialization of photography as a consumer and other injuries to our profession must be supported legally and socially. 

These abusive practices generate an unprecedented economic crisis which threatens the authors photographers and photographic agencies which distribute their images. 

We call upon the State, guarantor of freedom and the safeguarding of cultural heritage, make every effort to bring together all players in the photography and find legislative solutions to this situation. 

The public and representatives of the State should take this into account. 

France inventor of Photography has a duty to support the free visual creation and maintain an economic activity that affects thousands of jobs relevant to our society. 

To all of you who are convinced of the need to preserve and protect the author, photographer and hence the photograph, you can support this initiative by signing the call.

Si vous voulez signer, c'est par ici et en français…

NC Iphone

Que les Français, ou les étrangers comme moi, aussi?

Asher

Dear Asher
I'll check when I'll be back in Bordeaux Wednesday, mais je crois qu'il s'agit d'une affaire franco-francaise...
Thank you for asking and for your solidarity... OPF, if ever a proof would be needed, is really international ;-)

Cem_Usakligil

Dear Asher
I'll check when I'll be back in Bordeaux Wednesday, mais je crois qu'il s'agit d'une affaire franco-francaise...
Thank you for asking and for your solidarity... OPF, if ever a proof would be needed, is really international ;-)
Well put! I am so sorry for ever doubting this :-(

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Not only the French! All photographers!

Que les Français, ou les étrangers comme moi, aussi?

Asher

Bonjour Asher

I just got this reply from UPC this morning:

On behalf of the UPC, I urge you to encourage all photographers (including those not living in France or are not French) to sign the petition.
Indeed, the more it will have more of signatories and the call will be course, especially if this has an international dimension.

Sorry for the translation, but I'm sure you get the meaning, this call may/must be signed by a maximum of photographers!

As of today (March 26), it has been already signed by 6290 photogs (or photography related people such as stock agencies, reps etc…)