• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Skógafoss

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
Waterfall in south Iceland. From my blog post Skógafoss.

skogafoss.jpg

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Rajan,

A lovely picture, as usual. I won't go into the old discussion about how to photograph moving water (freezing vs blurring); it is a matter of taste and sometimes one does not have much choice like here. Considering the low level of light in this case, you had to expose longer anyway.

Re. the foreground, it is not very interesting if you ask me. I would consider cropping slightly from the bottom, which places the mossy boulders and the waterfall in a more pleasing location in the frame. But again, just a suggestion, that's all :)

PS: the second picture in your blog is more impressive as it indicates the huge scale of this waterfall, which I did not realize by just looking at this picture.

Cheers,