• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
From my photo essay Búðir.

budir.jpg

The funny thing is, even without looking at your link or brief description, I knew immediately where it is, although I never had a chance to see this beautiful part of the world.

I am curious to better understand why you consider this church picture fine art?

Best
Georg

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
I am curious to better understand why you consider this church picture fine art?

Best
Georg

Georg,

The image I made was an interpretation of the scene in front of me, one in which I saw beauty. The photograph is an attempt to convey that sense of wonder, the mood of the location, and a feeling for the place. The final image provokes within me an emotional reaction, something that Art aspires to do (although not everything that evokes emotion is Art). The hope is that a few others will also share in this emotional purchase.