• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
One of the great bird cliff of Iceland. See my photo essay Krýsuvíkurbjarg.

krysuvikurbjarg.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Rajan,

I'm still recovering from the shock of seeing real buildings like the Church in your last picture lit like Sharir's lithographs!

This rock scene is awesome. Thanks again for bringing us such dramatic landscape. Did you happen to consider getting the adjacent scene to the left and right to make an impressive panorama?

Where are the birds?

Your guide, BTW, from the pictures in your blog, has nerves of steel, DNA of a gazelle or is nuts!

Asher

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
Asher,

This was taken in late October; the birds are gone by early September.

I did not make an panoramas. But I have recently procured the RRS pano package and look forward to doing some panos.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher,

This was taken in late October; the birds are gone by early September.

I did not make an panoramas. But I have recently procured the RRS pano package and look forward to doing some panos.

Rajan,

Even on a shoot like this, as everything is so far away, you can do brilliantly by rotating the camera about the entrance pupil of the lens. Autopano Giga or PTGui will still give you a prefect stitch most of the time. Just overlap generously by about 30% and you will be awe-stricken by how good you are! :)

Asher :)

Jerome Marot

Very nice capture. I like the composition (the curve that the cliff designs across the frame) and the opposition of colors.