• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
Taken a few moments ago, just before midnight here in Iceland. Dynjandi is perhaps the most beautiful waterfall in Iceland, likened to a tiered wedding cake, and is located in the Westfjords region. It is also known as Fjallfoss.

Taken with 5DII + TS-E 24L II -

dynjandi.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is so impressive, Rajan, with just enough but not too much milky waters.

This is a challenging sight to capture. Having said that, are you open to looking at other presentations of this picture. It does not need change but I'm wondering about the saturation and whether or not color is even needed.

Asher

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
This is so impressive, Rajan, with just enough but not too much milky waters.

This is a challenging sight to capture. Having said that, are you open to looking at other presentations of this picture. It does not need change but I'm wondering about the saturation and whether or not color is even needed.

Asher

Asher,

This was a quick dispatch from the field, so to speak, not long after I got back to my room from the shoot. I have not had time to sift through the frames I shot. For the next 3 weeks, it'll have to be this way.

By the way, I did not try to smoothen the flow of water - the exposure is what it is, without any ND filter. I believe the defining lines in its flow is what gives this fall its character, and any attempt to smoothen the flow with a long exposure would result in an entirely different photograph.

Fahim, thank you.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher,

This was a quick dispatch from the field, so to speak, not long after I got back to my room from the shoot. I have not had time to sift through the frames I shot. For the next 3 weeks, it'll have to be this way.

By the way, I did not try to smoothen the flow of water - the exposure is what it is, without any ND filter. I believe the defining lines in its flow is what gives this fall its character, and any attempt to smoothen the flow with a long exposure would result in an entirely different photograph.

Fahim, thank you.

Then for sure, this is going to be a successful print. I'm looking forward more from this shoot as well as a B&W version too! Be safe!

Asher