• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

need 1D II high ISO samples

Daniel Harrison

pro member
Hi,
I can't find any real life samples of the 1D II at ISO 1600. If anyone has a few pics to share that would be great. Indoor Wedding pics would be the best. If you would rather e-mail the pictures to me my address is

info at dhphotograpy dot com dot au

I am very interested in the high noise performance

Thanks
Daniel

Nill Toulme

Daniel, perhaps as many as half of the ~45,000 images on my site are 1DMkII at ISO 1600 and above, some as high as an effective 12800. Most are sports but there are quite a few church images as well. EXIF is under each large image.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Daniel Harrison

pro member
Thanks Nill,
I am looking to upgrade (possiby) my 1D to a 1D II. So to get a real idea of how it performs I would probably need full size images. It does appear to be pretty clean though. I am just not sure if it is worth the upgrade. I know I get more pixelsm but at the moment I don't care :)

Nill Toulme

I can make the argument either that (a) it's not as much difference as claimed, or (b) it's a huge difference that is determinative to many images. My pocketbook ultimately voted for (b), as after a year or so I broke down and traded my old 1D for a second Mark II body.

I'd be glad to send you a few fullsize images. Just pick some that look interesting to you and let me know. It'll be a few days before I can get to it though.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Daniel Harrison

pro member
Thanks Nill,
Your a champ. I'll PM you. Looks like you have plenty going on at your church, plenty of low-light practice! Good on ya

(just in case your wondering what on earth that means, it is australian, a mix between good for you and a blessing on your head :)

Daniel

Michael Mouravi

I'll second Nill's comment. With many images at high ISO it seems almost not worth it to move from 1D to MarkII. Then on others, the difference is amazing. Another thing I noticed is that you can pull shadows much more with mark II (markIIn in my case) than you can with 1D.

It's also the little comforts that make the change worthwhile. Battery life is really unbelievable with markII comapred to the original 1D. Auto-rotation of images is great for post-processing! Even if you don't "need" extra resolution, you'll certainly appreciate extra detail, like hair, for example, despite the stronger AA filter