• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Polaroid type 55

Matthew Blais

pol 55

I like it for portraits..instant feedback when you shoot print or negative.

The extra $ per sheet sometimes beats the developing time.

Here's a portrait sample (lith print)

Cropped in about 1/4 at top and rt. side, so using about 4/5 of entire neg..

rosielg.jpg

Copyright © 2007 Matthew Blais. "Rosie" 9.5 x 8.5 Silver Gelatin Photograph Lith Developer

http://www.matthewblaisphotography.com/rosie.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Images are so beautiful. See them makes the thread enjoyable in an instant!

Thanks for sharing your talent!

Jim collum does these processes so now we have 3 of you guys! Great! And all are in California. I'll make it my job to meet both of you as well!

Asher

marc wilson

pro member
I'm doing a 54 workshop with some students on thursday...all shooting type 55. Its so great firstly for its ease of processing in that kind of situation and then in the fact you can make grat big beautiful polaroid feel prints from it...from 54 camera to 20x16 inch print in about 45 minutes...who needs digital!

Asher Kelman

I'm doing a 54 workshop with some students on thursday...all shooting type 55. Its so great firstly for its ease of processing in that kind of situation and then in the fact you can make grat big beautiful polaroid feel prints from it...from 54 camera to 20x16 inch print in about 45 minutes...who needs digital!

I need digital to print my 2GB files after scanning my 7x17 film!

How else can one print 60 inches wide??

Asher

marc wilson

pro member
I need digital to print my 2GB files after scanning my 7x17 film!

How else can one print 60 inches wide??

Asher

True!
I print everytihng digitally also...so I really should not say who needs digital!
Also 90% of the sheets of type 55 from two different boxes failed on the students with the neg part being left in the holder..we worked out we had to very hard manually squeeze the metal clip before use to get any results..a great into for them!!

Jack_Flesher

The "getting a print and a negative in one shot" comment is a little misleading --- type 55 has a different ISO for the negative than it does for the print, so you really need to expose it properly for the intended output. Using an exposure to generate the best negative for traditional printing won't render much of an instant print.

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

The "getting a print and a negative in one shot" comment is a little misleading --- type 55 has a different ISO for the negative than it does for the print, so you really need to expose it properly for the intended output. Using an exposure to generate the best negative for traditional printing won't render much of an instant print.
Jack,

What are the ISO ranges? Maybe the normal bracketing one might want to do would cover it anyway!

Asher

Matthew Blais

The speed rating for type 55 is usually about ISO 25 for the negative and 40-50 ISO for the positive. Catch 22...but I only shoot it for the neg anyway. Now, if they made just a negative film sans positive that would be way cool...

Asher Kelman

Hi Mattew,

What do you carry in your bucket to clear the negative and does it make a lot of difference? Also do you add an agent to let it dry without a drops, IOW, what heppens to that negative when you get home?

Asher

marc wilson

pro member
Whilst we have a polaroid thread going...does anyone have experience with the daylab 120?..so as to expose film transparencies onto polaroid material for further use...
Thanks.