• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Internet destinations

Jarmo Juntunen

People mainly use the Internet to find cat videos. However, when getting to know your new surroundings, you can find some great ideas of nature locations to visit. (Jylhänkoski here is a little gem I found online the other night).

Jylh%C3%A4nkoskiIMG_4902.JPG

Jylh%C3%A4nkoskiIMG_4924.JPG

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
People mainly use the Internet to find cat videos. However, when getting to know your new surroundings, you can find some great ideas of nature locations to visit. (Jylhänkoski here is a little gem I found online the other night).

Jylh%C3%A4nkoskiIMG_4902.JPG

Jylh%C3%A4nkoskiIMG_4924.JPG

I find waterfalls and rushing water so beautiful to experience with the complex caconphonic orchestration of rushing, dribbling, gurgling and dropping sounds and then the fresh air smell and the mist of one is close enough.

Getting that in a single still shot has always been so challenging for me. I generally have issues with creamy water as it ignores the particulate nature of torrents of water!

Here I like that you have fine lines. A print to me is the most difficult since the highlights so easily get blown out. These, especially the second one are full of life and power. I really like this!

Asher

Asher Kelman

The leaves on the rock , I think help to provide an “offering” back to Mother Nature on a little stone alter. This is so detailed and stationary that it seems to be the anchor of the composition, the reference point from which we get such a sense of movement of thecwater rushing past this little sanctuary of stillness!

Asher

Asher Kelman

I just realized that you said you found this location online! But it’s not clear as to who took the photographs?

I love them just the same!

Asher