• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Peggy's Cove - Nova Scotia, Canada '14

Paul Abbott

It's been my third trip back to this place and I never grow tired of it. The only thing that changes over time are the arrangements of the boats in the small harbour. Anyway, it's a real working fishing village and not just a quaint coastal one...

peggyscoveboat_ropespscapedfinal700.jpg

Peggy's Cove - Nova Scotia, Canada '14 - Paul Abbott
RICOH GR w/ GW3 21mm

oldshed_lobsterpot600.jpg

Old Shed & Lobster Pot - Peggy's Cove NS, Canada '14 - Paul Abbott
RICOH GR

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It's been my third trip back to this place and I never grow tired of it. The only thing that changes over time are the arrangements of the boats in the small harbour. Anyway, it's a real working fishing village and not just a quaint coastal one...

RICOH GR w/ GW3 21mm

Paul,

Anything made from wood has an immediate attraction to us, as if it's part of our genetic heritage. To hunter and gather, must be added seafarer. That's in our blood and cshared psyche. I think we have a feeling of respect and pride when we see boats and wooden houses. We think of the people that build the crafts and the men that risk their lives to bring up a harvest from the sea.

I am so thrilled to see the results of your meticulously crafted scenes. Without a doubt, you put in some awesome craft in choosing the position from which to feed all this into the tiny lens of your GR camera.

Asher

Paul Abbott

Your so right about the aspect of what wooden creations invoke in us, Asher. I bet if these were some boring redbrick built houses they wouldn't have the same attraction or charm. Having said that, I guess they would still offer up a photograph of some sort, along the lines of what the photographer Mark Power would take I think.

Thanks for the praise, Asher...

RICOH GR w/ GW3 21mm

oldshed_lobsterpot600.jpg

Old Shed & Lobster Pot - Peggy's Cove NS, Canada '14 - Paul Abbott
RICOH GR

Paul, these beautiful images remind me that even though I am Canadian, I have not yet been to Nova Scotia and how interesting a place it seems to be. So untainted by commercial buildings, it makes for very classic images. Love the point of view and the composition. Wonderful!
Maggie

Paul Abbott

Maggie, I have to say that the visitor numbers to this place are growing. A lot of international visitors come here too. Once upon a time you were able to have the rocky and dangerous shoreline all to yourself mostly. It was quite romantic out here in this respect.
My partner said she'd like to get married here...that's only if I asked her of course, and that's if only the church worked and there was someone in it to do the job. It has been closed everytime I have been here...:)

They're are other attractive and quaint places well worth visiting dotted all along this coastline, places like Lunenburg, Chester Bay and Oak Island...

Thanks, Maggie...