• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Big Exhibition with 300 photographers ...

... here in Stockholm, Swden, called Planket ( means Wood Wall ), where 150 photographers per day have one meter width to hang some images, on a red wooden wall. A two-day thing. I managed to get a place for both days. It was two great days to be there.

It is a tradition for many years, but is growing now.

Here are some images on how it looks. 5 self portraits. Here I am at my one meter that got to be two as my neighbour went home early. The left lower image with me in water has a frame that actually leaks into the bowl beneath it =)

265-pippiochhnder1024.jpg

A closer look at one of the frames ... strange but nice shadows from the tree branches.
269-ramfallet900.jpg

Here is a part of the wood walls streets.
268-helagatan.jpg

And my neighbour at day two ...
263-olaberglundbw900.jpg

Introduction speech by Fjellis, who runs the thing since 2016.
262-panointro1200.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris Calohan

Interesting idea. I may pitch this to our local photo club. I too like the broken frame one but the water leakage is just too good to pass by.

Chris Calohan

May I copy the first image to show my club folks the concept? We are a much smaller group so am sure we would allocate a minimum of two meters per.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
... here in Stockholm, Swden, called Planket ( means Wood Wall ), where 150 photographers per day have one meter width to hang some images, on a red wooden wall. A two-day thing. I managed to get a place for both days. It was two great days to be there.

It is a tradition for many years, but is growing now.

Here are some images on how it looks. 5 self portraits. Here I am at my one meter that got to be two as my neighbour went home early. The left lower image with me in water has a frame that actually leaks into the bowl beneath it =)

265-pippiochhnder1024.jpg

A closer look at one of the frames ... strange but nice shadows from the tree branches.
269-ramfallet900.jpg

Here is a part of the wood walls streets.
268-helagatan.jpg

And my neighbour at day two ...
263-olaberglundbw900.jpg

Introduction speech by Fjellis, who runs the thing since 2016.
262-panointro1200.jpg

Per,

I am so impressed with this idea.

I too would like to use these pictures to explain the concept to a City for which I am developing a concept of a plaza. I am thinking of designing for it the set up for power for each of the booths for photography and art shows.

Asher