• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pentax "Star" Lenses

I find it very interesting that the new line of lenses coming out shortly from Pentax are all designed to work with a 1.3 ratio sensor. Perhaps this is a very strong indicator of things to come, not in the too distant future...

Ben

Kyle Nagel

Pentax has two new series of lenses coming out, one series is the new SSM/USM lenses for use on the DSLRs with the APS sensor, and another series that is for the new Medium Format digital camera they will be releasing soon, from what I can tell the MF digital will have a 645 size full frame sensor. It was originally anounced as having an 18 MP sensor but recently Pentax mentioned it would likely be upgraded to a 30 MP sensor instead.

Kyle

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Pentax has two new series of lenses coming out, one series is the new SSM/USM lenses for use on the DSLRs with the APS sensor, and another series that is for the new Medium Format digital camera they will be releasing soon, from what I can tell the MF digital will have a 645 size full frame sensor. It was originally anounced as having an 18 MP sensor but recently Pentax mentioned it would likely be upgraded to a 30 MP sensor instead.

Kyle

Do we know anything about the probable MF Pentax sensor, particularly will it use microlenses and be suitable for shift lenses?

Also have the promised the DB too?

Asher

645d

Kyle

Actually when I had my meeting with Pentax, they mentioned the 31 mega pixel Kodak sensor...

Ben

Kyle Nagel

From what a little mouse told me it is going to be in the $2500 to $3000 price range, if that's true it just may be tempting enough that I may have to hock my old *istD and my Nolan Ryan rookie card! :)

Kyle