• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

CS4 Question

doug anderson

Dear Forum: I have not yet mastered the lasso tool. Is there a command that "tightens" the lasso around the subject after you've selected it?

Thanks in advance.

D

John Angulat

pro member
Try the Quick Select tool

Doug,
As you can see, selections can sometimes be maddening. I've had a lot of success using the Quick Select tool. Also, in the upper LH side of the menu bar at the top of your screen you will see brushes labeled plus and minus. Click on these to add or subtract from your selection. It's very easy.
I almost never use the lasso tool (I personally think it's useless). I don't know how far you are into PS or your skill level, so I won't go into any more detail at this time. Let me know if you want further advice on selections, ok?

doug anderson

Doug,
As you can see, selections can sometimes be maddening. I've had a lot of success using the Quick Select tool. Also, in the upper LH side of the menu bar at the top of your screen you will see brushes labeled plus and minus. Click on these to add or subtract from your selection. It's very easy.
I almost never use the lasso tool (I personally think it's useless). I don't know how far you are into PS or your skill level, so I won't go into any more detail at this time. Let me know if you want further advice on selections, ok?

Thanks, John. Will do.

D

Michael Hendry

Dear Forum: I have not yet mastered the lasso tool. Is there a command that "tightens" the lasso around the subject after you've selected it?

Thanks in advance.

D
Hi Doug,

I know I'm a bit late with this, but I've only just joined. Sounds to me what you were looking for was something I use when making rough selections- After making your selection, to make it smaller and tighter, try Select> Modify > Contract. Here you can enter a value in pixels which will shrink the selection. If you overdo it, just undo and try a new value. Hope this helps someone, sometime!

Mike