• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Olympus E3

Olympus has lifted the curtain, and presented the long anticipated E-1 successor:

- ISO 100-3200 in 1/3 or 1 steps
- 10MP
- True Pic III Processor
- 5 fps RAW, up to 16
- refined AF system, which is expected to excel in combination with the new SWD Optics
- 11 AF sensors (cross) -2EV - 19EV!
- in camera IS, 4-5 F-stops
- integrated flash
- sealed body, including the integrated flash of course, weight 810 grams
- dust protection as known from other Olympus cameras
- 2,5 " Live View display, 230.000 pixels
- P,A,S,M plus 18 scene programs
- Shadow conditioning technology, claims to avoid blown out highlights & increase shadow details
- wireless flash, new flash systems FL-50R and FL 36R
- up to 3 flashunits can be controlled through the integrated flash
- high speed sync 1/8000

Expected Retail Price in Europe € .1749

can be found at imaging-resource.,
but there will be others. Availability seems to be late November, so don't expect any images for a while.

scott

It seems a (limited) number of pre-productions are out there .. (Firmware version 0.9 according to Ian @ 4:3 user forum)

A Korean site already published some shots . Sorry, as I don't speak any Korean I have no clue about the comments made.

Going to be interesting to see who has been waiting for the E-3 as it maybe has not the highest pixel count in class but will it be the most versatile tool/system?