• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Eyes

Brandon Jones

Hey all! here is my latest creation, i took the shot of the eye with my camera, thats the first image, then i messed around with it in photoshop take a look! cc always looked at

DSCN0256.jpg

and then this is the messed around with.

EYE1copy.jpg

Thanks for Looking!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Brandon,

First what do you think about this. "messed around with it in photoshop" is sort of self-dismissive. Or is that a more tentative modest approach you have?

I can have so many ideas and reactions. But first, what does it mean to you? you already know? Haven't thought about it. What's your reaction to it?

Strong questions, but I take such work seriously, that's my way. Without know your own values, mine are not that important.

Eager to know!

Asher

Shane Carter

It is interesting but sorry, the PS work is not helping me get a clear message or meaning out of this. It also might help to start with an image that was either entirely sharp or the DOF was more shallow so that just the iris and pupil were in focus. Perhaps it is motion blur tho, a little hard to tell, but the top of the image is OOF and the bottom in focus. The orignial looks overexposed by a 1/3 to a 1/2 stop...better colors if spot on. Also the relections in the eye are distracting.

Not trying to be too picky but we are encouraged to give feedback so hope that is useful in the spirit of C&C. :)

PS It is all just opinion anyway with this kind of stuff so you can always just take or leave any/all feedback. :)

Brandon Jones

hey you know what shane... i really love all the feed back that i can get, so any thing that is nessicary to give me in the way of feed back.. please do!! i will take all of it into concideration for my next pecies... i am taking a computer art class this summer so now i will be able to learn a few more ideas to perfect and shape new artwork. Thanks!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
hey you know what shane... i really love all the feed back that i can get, so any thing that is nessicary to give me in the way of feed back.. please do!! i will take all of it into concideration for my next pecies... i am taking a computer art class this summer so now i will be able to learn a few more ideas to perfect and shape new artwork. Thanks!
Brandon,

Whatever we do, even fiddling has some direction from the brain; even experimenting. The thing you dis to post this, shows that it impresses you. So what moves you? This is a very good art exercise. Also it will help every image you think about in the future as you get in touch with your own "self".

Asher