• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

"Exhibition" Pictures for Discussion and Questions A Call for your immediate attention: Exhibition in Los Angeles May 2015

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Gallery_One_logos.zip

Ok guys
here's the link to download the logos (they are 3 versions, use anyone that feet your taste and background on which you drop them).
Hurry-up to get them I will take them away soon so they don't stay too long in the public domain…

BTW Nicolas Genette is right we should have a thread dedicated to THIS exhibition where each of the participant WILL HAVE TO load their exhibited images, no more no less.
I leave the option to Asher whether it should allow or not comments (personally, I'm afraid that it should put a mess in the thread, discussions could lie in a twin thread)…
Otherwise we could create a forum dedicated to the expo and each one would create his own thread with his images and then discussion about this work could start there… This is maybe a better solution…
Asher?

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ok guys
here's the link to download the logos (they are 3 versions, use anyone that feet your taste and background on which you drop them).
Hurry-up to get them I will take them away soon so they don't stay too long in the public domain…

BTW Nicolas Genette is right we should have a thread dedicated to THIS exhibition where each of the participant WILL HAVE TO load their exhibited images, no more no less.
I leave the option to Asher whether it should allow or not comments (personally, I'm afraid that it should put a mess in the thread, discussions could lie in a twin thread)…
Otherwise we could create a forum dedicated to the expo and each one would create his own thread with his images and then discussion about this work could start there… This is maybe a better solution…
Asher?

Nicolas,

Great idea. You take the lead. Each person introduce your work and be minimalistic but sufficient with intro and explanation. The least is best.

No comments by others.

This will be a great place to send people. shortly I will have the opf GALLERY ONE website up and running. Hopefully the landing page, at least will be live in the coming days.

Asher

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

Our booth in the Photo Contemporary Tent is #811

if you post this in any of your promotional materials or invitations please remember to include that it is #811.

Please also find attached a promotional flyer as a jpeg that you can pass on to your collectors. As well as our logo, should you need it.

We have a special promo code available for your mailing list as well! When they purchase tickets through eventbrite they can enter the code: photo50 which will give them 50% their ticket price.

This offer is only available for tickets purchased through the eventbrite link here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2015-photo-contemporary-art-fair-tickets-16032165639

Asher

nicolas claris

Nicolas,

Great idea. You take the lead. Each person introduce your work and be minimalistic but sufficient with intro and explanation. The least is best.

No comments by others.

This will be a great place to send people. shortly I will have the opf GALLERY ONE website up and running. Hopefully the landing page, at least will be live in the coming days.

Asher

OK guys, rush here
Each one should create his own thread.

I suggest images to be no more than 800 pixels on the large side.

Asher Kelman

800 pixels width, so it looks consistent as we scroll

all pictures centered the following format:

Name: Title

2014, Location (optional)

Silver Gelatin

Size

an edition of 10 prints

Antonio Correia

OK guys, rush here
Each one should create his own thread.

I suggest images to be no more than 800 pixels on the large side.

It looks like we do not have permission to access this link Nicolas...

i-pDHshvf-S.png

Asher Kelman

I will delete all the organizational back and forth about getting the links to work. Suffice that Nicolas kindly organized this and we just will have just one link!

Meanwhile, the "landing page" of our new website for exhibitions and sale of pictures, opf GALLERY ONE website is about to be on line in a very short while.

The rest of the website with a page for each of those exhibiting, will be up shortly.

Asher

Nicholas / Asher, as a test I started creating my post (I just pasted my "artist's statement" in there), but now I can't access my post until a moderator approves it.

Can you make the settings such that, once the initial post is approved, I can edit it? And it is it a good idea to post one "reply" per image? Or should all the images be in-lined in that single post. I submitted 6 images, so I imagine the usual 5-images-per-post limit will be lifted?

thanks,
Dawid Loubser

nicolas claris

Nicholas / Asher, as a test I started creating my post (I just pasted my "artist's statement" in there), but now I can't access my post until a moderator approves it.

Can you make the settings such that, once the initial post is approved, I can edit it? And it is it a good idea to post one "reply" per image? Or should all the images be in-lined in that single post. I submitted 6 images, so I imagine the usual 5-images-per-post limit will be lifted?

thanks,
Dawid Loubser

Hi David
I have approved (of course!) your thread, I hope that now you can edit repost etc.
Otherwise, PM me (I receive PMs in my mailbox as I don't stay 24/7 online OPF…

Thank you Nicolas - I made a thread for myself, and posted my 6 images as replies, see here.

I was wondering if it wouldn't be better to keep it to one thread per artist for this exhibition? I see some of the others have posted multiple threads. It would certainly make navigating between the different artists easier. Just a thought :)

Finally, my silver prints are on a very thick, non-white (no baryta layer) fibre-based paper, and the one inkjet print is on a somewhat whiter base (No inkjet paper matches Ilford MG Art 300, I've tried).

I've tried to make my posts reflect that as accurately as possible. They are still being framed, so I couldn't accurately represent that yet - I'm showing the artwork as I sent to to Asher - un-matted and un-framed. Happy to update later.

warm regards,
Dawid

nicolas claris

nicolas claris

I'd be glad to know which participants among:
Chris Calohan, Paula Chamlee, Nicolas Claris, Antonio Correia, Nicolas Gerrette, Asher Kelman, Dawid Loubser, Jerome Marot, Michael A. Smith, Charlotte Thompson, Cem Usakligil

will come to the show…

I'll be there!

Chris Calohan

As it turns, neither will I. So goes life but I lost an AC compressor and Clutch in my Mini and that was a right bit on the pricey side and just yesterday out went the Supercharger so now I am broke. I may be able to make a show in January.

As it turns, neither will I. So goes life but I lost an AC compressor and Clutch in my Mini and that was a right bit on the pricey side and just yesterday out went the Supercharger so now I am broke. I may be able to make a show in January.

2002 - 2006 Cooper S? Had similar problems, including blown supercharger. No such problems with my 1989 Mercedes which I traded it in for at the time. Sorry to hear about the problems though :-/

Chris Calohan

Mine's 11 years old, 173,500 miles and it's been driven like a Mini Cooper S should be driven..fast and hard. It's also been heavily modified for mountain curves like the Dragon. Suspect the 17% pulley didn't help it either :)