• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Tragic Loss of Uwe Steinmueller - An essay by Alain Briot

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
On behalf of Asher and Alain Briot, here is an essay just written by Alain, a Uwe's friend and partner, this is a very sensitive and gentle testimony of their personal relationship.

Read here

Last edited:

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
I loved outbackphoto, there was a lovely simplicity and honesty about Uwe and Bettina's approach to photography. Almost like watching children investigating a bright new world. I also loved Uwe's style of photography, very muted and always a great investigation of the concept of shape as a compositional tool. Their equipment tests were always very open and useful. I can't remember how many times I've stared at that cafe front when comparing cameras. Their test of the 1Ds is what I used when I bought one myself.

A gentleman, a teacher, an enthusiast. The world is worse off without him.