• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Cabo de Gata

DSF2772.jpg

Deserted town, late at night.

The image is from this post, with 18 other images.

This and other images taken at the same time reminded me of the paintings of Giorgio de Chirico.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Murray,

This street has a discipline of related colors in neighboring buildings, very different from the garish competitions in house paint in South American small towns.

I looked at all the other pictures you linked to. Thanks!

What a superb series. You opened up an area of beauty for me to study and explore. I didn’t know of this area, this imunique National Nature Park in South East Spain. Really surprised there is actually a desert area hiding in Europe!

Can you explain the metal “wheels”? What function do they serve? It looks as if there is a handle that can be turned. Does this turn on a water supply or what? Could these be public water fountains.

I thought of bicycle stands or tying up horses but the heights aren’t right.

In Tuscany I once can across strange fittings in the wall of a street and it turned out that they were for tying up barges in days when the street was a canal!

Asher

Asher

It's a sculpture. I think it's the steering wheels of fishing boats.

On our route from here to Granada, inland off the beaten track, we passed an area where Sergio Leone used to shoot spaghetti westerns. There's even a film set western town there.