• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Start of 2019

Jarmo Juntunen

All taken today at Seitsemisen National Park.

Seitsemisen_kpIMG_5520.JPG

Seitsemisen_kpIMG_5531.JPG

Seitsemisen_kpIMG_5567.JPG

Seitsemisen_kpIMG_5596.JPG

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jarmo,

You’re in “Winter Wonderland”. It’s very beautiful but a hard rugged life in the olden days! Imagine thatcwith no electricity!

I love the scene but am cozy in California looking out on a clear blue sky in a very cold spell of 50 degrees Fahrenheit!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Jarmo,

Here’s a philosophical question:

If one can be a “woman” without the female “bits” why does one need snow for winter?

After, all in Beverly Hills the temp does plummet to 50 degrees Fahrenheit, (10 degrees Celsius), at its worst. That should count for something!

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

Thank you all and a Happy New Year! Hyvää uutta vuotta!
Actually snowy and cold winters no longer can be taken for granted in Northern Europe. Here`s a piece from the Daily Mail in late 2018: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6413353/Families-taking-children-Lapland-meet-Santa-face-disappointment-no-SNOW.html
Indeed, I grew up in Rovaniemi and for me there just is no winter without snow and freezing temperatures. The nature, all flora and fauna, need wintery conditions to hibernate. Great thing to see real winter like the one in these pictures as real winters are becoming extinct.

Jarmo Juntunen

Jarmo,

Here’s a philosophical question:

If one can be a “woman” without the female “bits” why does one need snow for winter?

After, all in Beverly Hills the temp does plummet to 50 degrees Fahrenheit, (10 degrees Celsius), at its worst. That should count for something!

Asher

Go ask a Brown bear that question, lol! They can only buid their hibernating nests under thick layers of snow. Well, actually first they build the best, crawl in and get snowed in.

James Lemon

Actually snowy and cold winters no longer can be taken for granted in Northern Europe. Here`s a piece from the Daily Mail in late 2018: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6413353/Families-taking-children-Lapland-meet-Santa-face-disappointment-no-SNOW.html
Indeed, I grew up in Rovaniemi and for me there just is no winter without snow and freezing temperatures. The nature, all flora and fauna, need wintery conditions to hibernate. Great thing to see real winter like the one in these pictures as real winters are becoming extinct.

Yes cold dry air is much more refreshing than cold damp air especially when the sun shines! You can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy.

Best, regards
James

Asher Kelman

True in Europe!

I grew up in London, and after a bad winter we had to replace that cat, frozen stiff in the snow!

How it escaped the warm kitchten we’ll never know!

Asher